My Longest Run{Short Inspirational Story}

top inspirational stories/



I was nearing the end of my run and thank God I could see my house. Another 100 yards or so and I would be able to stop. My lungs were absolutely burning, my stomach felt like it was going to revolt at any moment and each step was tough. I was acutely aware of every muscle in my legs. My sneakers felt a little too tight and my shirt was drenched with sweat. My hair was no longer neatly tied back in a ponytail and I couldn’t wait to finish.
Beat inspirational storiesi



As I took each step I kept telling myself over and over that I could do it. All I had to do was take one more step, reach one more telephone pole and pass one more house. Then I would be done and I could collapse.




As I took my last step and reached my driveway, I was SO grateful. My lungs were still burning and my stomach was definitely threatening to release all of its contents. None of that mattered though. I had finished the longest run I had undertaken in the past 4 years. I had run a total of 2 blocks!




I was on my way to running a marathon now. I had finally taken the first step in my journey to complete the New York City Marathon and that first step was always the toughest. I smiled to myself and thought about tomorrow. Tomorrow would be a new day and I would complete 3 blocks then.

Post a Comment

0 Comments